City Tour Cusco with Andean Explorers Cusco
City Tour Cusco is the best way to visit and get to know the beautiful place called Cusco; famous for representing archaeological art in America. A space within our continent where we can find archaeological sites such as temples and museums, among other things.
The tourist route that crosses Cusco allows you to know all its rich and ancient art. It even allows you to know the famous fortress of Sacsayhuaman (world heritage site), Coricancha, Qenko, Puca Pucara (red fortress) and Tambomachay. People can visit this place in a particular way, but, for a better tourist experience, City Tour Cusco is ideal.
In the Republic of Peru, Cusco is a city respected for its important archaeological wealth, which makes it beautiful and touristy. Also considered Cultural Heritage of Humanity, where the Inca empire left its valuable mark. Of all the tourist places, Cusco is one of the most visited destinations today.
If someone visits Peru, they cannot miss the Cusco city tour, one of the best known and most recommended in the entire country.
City Tour Cusco: why do the tour?
It is recommended to do the Cusco City Tour so as not to miss the experience of knowing the great cultural riches of the city of Cusco. The city has an archaeological tourist attraction, rich in constructions that transport the tourist to a memorable past.
You have to live the ancient art that resides in Cusco, which contains streets full of beautiful colonial church constructions, ancient Inca roads, and walls. The city that, according to the Inca culture, in their language (Quechua), Cusco means “Navel of the world”.
In short, City Tour Cusco is an option for the first days in the area that can mean a rapid adaptation of visitors to the climate and altitude.
City Tour Cusco: how does it work?
The tour constitutes a journey through the most attractive and relevant areas of Cusco; like Sacsayhuaman (world heritage site), Coricancha, Qenko, Puca Pucara (red fortress), and Tambomachay. It has a duration of 5 hours, whose initial departure time is 1:00 in the afternoon.
What does our Cusco City Tour include?
This excellent sightseeing tour includes all of the following:
- Outbound transportation
- Return transportation
- Tour guide fluent in English / Spanish.
- Type of tourist route: cultural
- Travel comfortable and bearable
- May include premium and standard type service
- Departures: every day of the year
- Hours: 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Other tours may also include
- Tourist Ticket: This allows visitors to enter the different archaeological sites of the city during the “City Tour Cusco”.
City Tour Cusco: areas that are visited
Touring Cusco with the accompaniment of the service and your tour guide, allows you to know places such as:
- Cusco Cathedral. First stop and one of the most popular. World heritage. It has a glorious golden bell known as María Angola.
- Coricancha and Convent. Religious place of great relevance for the Inca culture. Where they had spaces to pay devotion to Venus, the sun, the stars, the moon, the rainbow.
- Sacsayhuaman fortress. Enigma of Inca art represents the symbolism for the city and the whole country. Place where the famous Fiesta del Sol is held annually. A place with huge stones placed and worked with great precision.
- Qenko, archaeological site. Space dedicated to ceremonies, with amphitheater and great labyrinths. In Inca language. Qenko means “labyrinth”.
- Puca Pucara, archaeological site. The red fortress is how this place is known, due to the color of the pigment in the area. It is believed to have been a military post.
- Tambomachay, an archaeological site. A beautiful place where the water continues to flow through its gutters and conduits with water that comes from springs.
- Cusco, textile center. Place where you can see an exhibition of garments and their manufacturing process, both spinning and dyeing. A way to know the materials that have been used for years to make clothes in Cusco.
Is there any discount?
Not all of them offer discounts on the cost of their tickets, however, some services offer discounts in the following cases:
- If the tourists are from Peru. The DNI is required.
- If tourists can prove, with their identity document, that they are not over 18 years of age.
What things should the visitor bring?
To make the tour of the City Tour Cusco it is recommended to follow the following instructions to avoid problems:
- If you have a travel manual, like this one, read it carefully, make sure you know all the basics to have a good experience during the tour.
- To avoid inconveniences to enter all the places of the tour, do not forget to have your passport at hand.
- Wear clothing suitable for the climate and height, comfortable and warm (preferably waterproof).
- Put basic items for personal use in a backpack.
- Hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Last but not least, don’t forget a camera, sunscreen, and a bottle of drinking water.
Where and how to buy the City Tour ticket?
The emblematic region of Peru that guards and preserves the beauties and ancestral and emblematic mysteries of the Inca culture. Definitely, a place that you cannot miss during your stay in the country.
You can book the ticket in the section book this tour, selecting the date and the number of people who will do the tour.
For help and information, contact us through any of the following means:
Over the phone
En las siguientes horas
08:00 am to 05:30 pm (Monday to Saturday)
If you have any questions about the Cusco City Tour with Andean Explorers Cusco you can fill out the following form here, we will be contacting you as soon as possible