We start by placing that the city of Cusco is recognized as the Archaeological Capital of America. Therefore, we are interested in knowing what is Cusco like today? For a few years, this ancient Peruvian city was prepared for the large number of tourists who came to estimate the fabulous Inca constructions such as the Inca Citadel of Machupicchu.
When was Cusco founded?
April 26, 1822
Who conquered the city of Cusco?
The city of Cusco was conquered by an excursion on November 15, 1533, preceded by Francisco Pizarro.
When is the anniversary of Cusco celebrated?
From January 8, 1944, it was agreed to celebrate every June 24, the Day of Cusco and the reintegration into the universal culture of one of the greatest festivals of the Inca empire: the Inti Raymi.
Currently, by 2021 given the circumstances of the pandemic; for the first time, after 76 years, the city of Cusco celebrates its jubilee month without public activities.
To know a little more about the news of Cusco, it is necessary to inquire about the most outstanding news, that is why we leave you here the list of newspapers in which they can visualize in person or virtually each of the events that happened.
What are the newspapers in Cusco?
- Cusco Mail
- Cusco in Portada
- Newspapers of Cusco
- The Journal of Cusco
- The Sun of Cusco
- Cusco News
- First thing in the morning
- The Baccan
what’s Cusco like? What is Cusco like?
The latest trends in news are as follows:
- Scenes from the series The Queen of the South are filmed: when would the third season premiere?
- Transformers in Cusco: recordings are moved to the roads of La Convención.
- The Chamber of Commerce of Cusco announced that entrepreneurs who have received their two doses will receive a discount in the Imperial City.
- Dwight Aguilar Masías, from the province of La Convención, Cusco region, is the coffee grower with the best coffee in the country according to Taza de Excelencia Perú.
- The increase in the capacity of entry to Machupicchu, which from now on will be up to 3,500 people.
- Vidawasi Association promotes a campaign to create a pediatric hospital in Cusco. Children with cancer will have a citadel.
- The priest Salerno, born in Sicily in 1938, focused his mission on the Peruvian highlands, helping the poor and also giving care as a doctor. He gave preferential attention to the children and his congregation serves hundreds of them in their dining rooms.